May - October
Gustav Klimt was so inspirational from lake Attersee that he stayed there for a couple summers.
His most famous landscape arts come from this time. On the occasion of his 150 birthday (1862-1918) they built on the 14.July 2012 a Gustav Klimt center in Kammer on lake Attersee in the Salzkammergut, in a famous area, which the artist painted.
A long time ago the celtic were on their way in Attergau. A solid meal and a celtic drink will prepare you to the topic. The celtic meal contains: pork roast, “Selch-meat”, lamp dumpling – skewer, filled dumpling, homemade cabbage, spare rips, cream legumes, celtic bread
The celtic tree way is a theme way at the Koglberg in St. Georgen/Attergau, which presents the life of our ancestor in the Iron Age, and nature themes like trees, landscape. The celtic tree way combines the search of our celtic ancestors with the experience of nature.
Long rows of big trees, beaded like a pearl chain, lead you through the way. On imaginative stations you can be creative and learn more about the celtic in an amused way. Find your living tree and understand the nature. (lengh 2,5 km).
- 2 x Overnight incl. buffet breakfast at Lake Attersee / Attergau or Salzkammergut
- 1 x 3course dinner in the hotel
- 1 x Entry to Gustav Klimt center
- 1 x boat cruise on Lake Attersee – round trip north – duration approx. 1 hour 10 Min.
- 1 x Klimt-snack on board: 2 pieces of cake with 1 cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate
- 1 x celtic meal at a restaurant in the region incl. celtic drink
- 1 x guided walk along the celtic tree way in St. Georgen/Attergau – duration approx. 1,5 hours
Advice for your guide and bus driver daily from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. through our office in Bad Ischl
Programm – suggestion
1st day – arrival, check in, dinner at the hotel
2nd day – breakfast
visit of the Gustav Klimt center in the morning – afterwards cruise on lake Attersee with the Klim-snack – lunch: celtic meal at the restaurant incl. fired celtic drink – in the afternoon guided walk along the celtic tree way
walk along the celtic tree way in the morning – lunch: celtic meal at the restaurant incl. fired celtic drink and in the afternoon cruise on lake Attersee with Klimt-snack and the visit of the Gustav Klimt center
3rd day – breakfast, check out, departure
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.