May - October
Monasteries and convents were and are not only common habitats of monks and nuns, but also a place of silence.
Their buildings and churches are often home also to historical artefacts of great interest and value. But also the monasteries themselves are of cultural importance to the regions. The far-reaching knowledge of the monks and their influence on the people always went far beyond the monastery walls and also influenced the entire region.
- 4 x Overnight incl. buffet breakfast in Salzkammergut
- 1 x Welcome drink
- 3 x 3-course dinner in the hotel with choice of menu from 2nd evening
- 1 x Austrian specialities evening
- 1 x Visit of the pilgrimage church Maria Plain
- 1 x Visit and guided tour through the monastery church, Liqueur tasting and cosmetic sample in Gut Aich
- 1 x Boat trip on the Wolfgangsee from St. Gilgen to St. Wolfgang
- 1 x Visit the pilgrimage church at the lake Wolfgang
- 1 x Guided culture tour through the beautiful lake town St. Wolfgang
- 1 x Admission and guided tour in the abbey Schlierbach incl. visit of the cheese diary and cheese tasting
- 1 x Guidance at the abbey Augustinian Canons St. Florian with the basilica, Bruckner sarcophagus at the grave of the Prälaten, library, marble hall, Altdorfer altar, Imperial apartments and Florian aisle & live organ concert on the Bruckner Organ -Duration: 25 min
- 1 x Entry to “Alp garden” in Bad Aussee
- 1 x Entrance and guided tour in the Benedictine monastery Admont including wine tasting of four different wines and vintage snack
Advice for your guide and bus driver daily from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. through our office in Bad Ischl
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.