200 years Anton Bruckner
Celebrate Anton Bruckner in Linz
Gifted improvisations on the organ, innovative sound creations with a lasting influence on music history, great symphonies: Bruckner is being duly honored throughout Upper Austria on this milestone anniversary. Walk in the footsteps of the great composer through the state capital and find out more about his musical beginnings in St. Florian Abbey.
PERIOD: Mai – October 2024 3 nights / 4 days
(Exact date according to request and availability)
- 3 x overnight stay incl. breakfasast buffet in a carefully selected hotel in Linz
- 1 x 3 course dinner on arrival day at the hotel or a restaurant
- 1 x guided bruckner city tour incl. a visit to St. Mary’s Cathedral and the Bruckner Staircase
- 1 x coffee break at k.u.k. Hofbäckerei in Linz (1 cup of coffee or tea and 1 piece Bruckner-cake)
- 1 x Entry to Lentos Art museum
- 1 x Full-day accompaniment to St. Florian und Steyr
- 1 x guided tour of the Abbey including imperial room
- 1 x listening experience on the Bruckner organ in St. Florian Abbey
- 1 x Entry to Bruckner museum in Steyr
- Support for tour guides and bus drivers daily from 9.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. by our office.
Arrangement price per person in €
|double room from||416,00||607,00|
|single supplement 1-5 from||74,00||135,00|
|single supplement from the 6th single room||90,00|
Plus local tax: approx. € 2,50 to € 4,-- per person and day!
(Will be adjusted accordingly if the law changes).
The above prices are valid for a minimum of 20 participants.
The terms and conditions of Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH that are available to us and that you are already familiar with apply in the currently valid version.
Booking and billing via Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH.
All excursions are conducted with your own vehicle.
Every 21st person in a double room is free.
Day 1: Welcome to Linz!
After your arrival, dinner awaits you at the hotel or a restaurant in Linz.
Day 2: Bruckner‘s city
Brucknerstiege, Anton Bruckner Private University, Brucknerhaus: In Linz, pride in the great son of Upper Austria can be seen everywhere. A fixed point of the city tour is the visit to St. Mary's Cathedral, Austria's largest church. Visit to the Brucknersteige including a coffee break with Bruckner-Schober. In the afternoon visit the Lentos Art Museum.
Day 3: St. Florian & Steyr Abbey
Today you start with your local tour guide first to St. Florian, known for the baroque monastery of the same name. Here the young Bruckner worked as a Florian choir boy, received his first music lessons and a few years later took a job as an assistant teacher. In addition to his passionate work as a teacher, he gradually developed into a professional musician during his time at the monastery. The journey continues to Steyr to visit the Bruckner exhibition in the city museum.
Day 4: Departure
The last day is dedicated to your individual departure.
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.