May to October
Monasteries and abbeys were and are still not only a common living space for monks and nuns, but also a place of silence. In their buildings and churches historic art and precious objects are often housed. The monasteries itself had an enormous cultural importance for the regions. The far-reaching knowledge of the monks and their influence on the population appeared always far across over the claustral-wall and influenced the whole region.
- 4 x Overnight incl. Breakfast-buffet in the Salzkammergut
- 1 x Welcome-drink
- 3 x 3-course-dinner in the hotel with choice of menu from 2nd evening
- 1 x Austrian specialities evening in the hotel
- 1 x Visit of the pilgrimage church Maria Plain
- 1 x Visit and guided tour through the Monastery Europakloster Gut Aich in St. Gilgen.
The visit takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes, gives you an impression of the church, to the new herb-gardens, to the work of gold- and silver smith, as well as to the wine cellars of the abbey and ends at their own shop with liqueur-tasting or healthy juices. Afterwards there will be still time to grub and find something at the “Klosterladen”.
- 1 x Boat trip on Lake Wolfgangsee from St. Gilgen to St. Wolfgang
- 1 x Visit of the pilgrimage church at St. Wolfgang
- 1 x Guided culture tour in the beautiful village St. Wolfgang
- 1 x Admission and guided tour at abbey Schlierbach incl. visit of the cheese diary including the tasting of 10 different choices of Schlierbacher Bio-cheeses and visiting of the gallery of glass-painting
- 1 x Guidance at abbey Augustinian Canons St. Florian with the basilica, Bruckner sarcophagus at the grave of the Prälaten, library, marble hall, and live organ concert on the Bruckner Organ - duration: 25 min- total duration ca 1,50h
- 1 x Entry to “Alp garden” in Bad Aussee
- 1 x Entrance and guided tour at the Benedictine monastery Admont
Advice for your guide and bus driver daily from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. through our office in Bad Ischl
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.