Salzkammergut’s Jewish two faces
Jewish life in the Salzkammergut
A trip which focuses on the life of Jews in the Salzkammergut. From the crazy plans for relocating Nazi rocket production from Peenemünde to the Ebensee tunnel complex to the impact on the Jewish art scene on Attersee to the resistance movement in the Upper Salzkammergut: Go on a search for clues about Jewish life around Bad Ischl.
Season A: 25. - 28.01.24 (Thu - Sun)
Season B: 20. - 23.06.24 (Thu - Sun) each time 3 Nights / 4 Days
Season C: 17. - 20.10.24 (Thu - Sun)
ACCOMODATION: 4*S Villa Seilern Vital Resort - Bad Ischl
- 3 x overnight stays including breakfast buffet
- 1 x welcoming with a welcome drink
- 1 x lunch snack in the Kongress- und Theatherhaus
- 1 x coffee and cake in the KuK Konditorei Zauner
- 1 x entry to the Bad Ischl City Museum (except date A)
- 1 x trip by coach on the 3rd day to Ebensee and Attersee
- 1 x Concentration Camp Memorial and Contemporary History Museum Ebensee
- 1 x visit to the Chiharu Shiota exhibition (excluding date A)
- 1 x boat trip on Lake Attersee with Guglhupf and coffee (except appointment A: bus trip around Attersee)
- 1 x Gustav Mahler composing house with a glass of rose sparkling wine
- 1 x dinner in a pub in the Capital of Culture Region 2024
- 1 x day accompaniment with Günter Kaindelstorfer - Ö1 editor
- 1 x day accompaniment by an Austria guide
Preis pro Person und Arrangement in €
|Season A||25. - 28.01.24|
|Surcharge for a single room||70,00|
|Season B and C||20. - 23.06.24 / 17. - 20.10.24|
|Surcharche for a single room||100,00|
Minimum number of participants 10 people. The final confirmation if the trip will be carried out will be sent out at least 2 months before arrival. Maximum participants: 26 people.
Extras payable on site:
Local tax: approx. €3.50 per person and night
Parking: approx. € 10.00 per car and night
Underground parking: on request - for a fee
Extended use of the spa on the day of departure until 6:00 p.m.: approx. € 50.00 per room
Pets: not allowed
Check-in: from 3 p.m. Check-out: by 11 a.m.
The trip is guaranteed for groups of 10 or more people. The trip is realized as GROUP TOUR.
Booking and billing via Salzkammergut Touristik.
Arrival and departure can also be offered by train.
We recommend getting a travel cancellation insurance.
The terms and conditions of Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the currently valid version.
With Ö1 into the Salzkammergut
We grant Ö1 members a 5% discount on the above prices when they provide their membership number.
1. Day: Visiting the European Capital of Culture!
Arrival individually – 5 p.m. With a welcome drink, you will familiarize yourself with the travel details for the coming days - Salzkammergut Card.
2. Day: A day in Bad Ischl
Today you will walk through the town Bad Ischl with Günter Kaindlstorfer, who was born and raised in Bad Ischl, from 9 a.m. to around 4 p.m. The walk will be along the “Pins of Memory”, on the cultural trails of Ischl, to the city museum and across the Kurpark with its exhibition “K(ritisch) und K(ontrovers)”. The literary critic, journalist and moderator Günter Kaindlstorfer will explore the past of the imperial legacy, the romanticized transfiguration, the Nazi era and the fate of the Jewish residents, the resistance fighters and Ariseurs whilst on the walk.
A lunch snack in the Kongress & Theaterhaus as well as coffee and cake in the Zauner pastry shop strengthen you for the day tour.
3. Day – Ebensee Concentration Camp Memorial
Accompanied by a guide, you will visit the Ebensee Contemporary History Museum and the concentration camp memorial. The Japanese artist Chiharu Shiota presents her exhibition “Where are we now?” in the concentration camp memorial tunnel, where the underground armaments projects “Lime” and “Cement” were or were supposed to be implemented. The path leads via the Großalm to Attersee and to the question of the functioning of the Jewish artist scene in the Salzkammergut. You can enjoy your Gugelhupf snack during a boat trip on the lake. A glass of rose sparkling wine will be served in Gustav Mahler's composing house in Steinbach before you are treated to a dinner in the “tavern lab” at the train station back in Bad Ischl.
4. Day: Departure
1 x Capital of Culture 2024 present and farewell