- 6 x overnight stay with alpine breakfast and half board (3 course dinner at the inn, hearty mountain breakfast and dinner at the huts)
(2 x ***hotels, 4 x in huts – double rooms or communal bunks, hut sleeping bags* mandatory, running water available, toilets partly biological)
- 1 x Hiking map + guide-book (1 x per room)
- 1 x Parking for 6 days at the starting point
- 6 x Local taxes
- Daily service hotline from 09.00 – 19.00 (also on weekends)
- Drinks and personal spending money
- Meals not indicated above
- Bus transfers on day 6 – from Hirschenhut back to the valley – approx. € 3,-- pp
- connecting bus from the valley to Dorfgastein – approx. € 8,-- pp
1. day: Individual arrival in Dorfgastein.
Handing over of your travel documents at your accommodation.
Overnight stay in Dorfgastein.
2. day: Ascent to Kögerlalm, first alpine cabin on your itinerary
~ 5,5 km, 2-3 hrs, difference in altitude á 643 m / â 128 m
The Kögerlalm has an award-winning cuisine. Products come from the family’s organic farm.
No rest stops on the way, take enough drink and provisions for the walk with you.
Overnight stay at the Kögerlalm.
3. day: Alpine hike to Heinreichalm
~ 8,5 km, 6 hrs, difference in altitude á 1 174 m / â 855 m
Like most stops on the way the Heinrichalm uses products from their own farm. You can also try your luck fishing at the nearby lake.
Overnight stay at the Heinreichalm.
4. day: Alpine hike to Biberalm – with one of the best vistas of the Gasteinertal valley.
Rest stop along the way at Präau Hochalm highly recommended.
~ 10 km, 5 hrs, difference in altitude á 802 m / â 756 m
Overnight stay at the Biberalm
5. day: Watch out for chamois and eagles along the way to the Hofgasteinerhaus. You will come across many alpine cabins offering refreshments as you close in on one of Gastein’s main skiing mountains, the Stubnerkogel. The Hofgasteinerhaus lies at the Schlossalmbahn cable car above Bad Hofgastein.
~ 8,5 km, 5 hrs, difference in altitude á 787 m / â 558 m
Overnight stay at the Hofgasteinerhaus.
6. day: After a hearty breakfast you take the trail from Hofgasteinerhaus to Hirschenhutte.
~ 10 km, 4 hrs, difference in altitude á 371 m / â 1 135 m
At Hirschenhutte buses leave regularly for Bad Hofgastein, the local landlord can also arrange taxi transfers on spot. From Bad Hofgastein take the connection back to Dorfgastein. Costs to be paid on spot, at approx. EUR 11,-- per person.
Candlelight dinner and overnight stay in Dorfgastein
7. day: Individual departure or additional nights
Rates for the arrangement per person in €:
01.07.19 – 15.09.19
***hotel/inn in double room (communal bunks in hut)
Supplement 4 x single room (communal bunks in huts)
Day of arrival
Notes on staying at an Alpine lodge:
- * Hut sleeping bag: blankets are available in the huts; necessary but mandatory is only a lightweight cotton/silk sleeping bag liner
- Overnight stay in communal bunks or multi-bed rooms. Double rooms on request possible. The hosts will always try to accommodate travellers who are not used to communal bunks in their own rooms if at all possible
- Dogs on request; not allowed in the sleeping areas. Attended stay in the winter room possible, partly dog kennels available, extra costs to be paid on spot
Information for arrivals by car:
Free parking at your accommodation is available for the duration of the whole itinerary.