- 2 x overnight stays (huts with communal bunks)
- 1 x welcome video with explanations and information that you need for the tour
- 1 x ascent and descent with the Feuerkogel cable car
- 1 x hiking map (1x per room)
- A tree for your booking – we plant a tree for your booking
- Service hotline from 09:00 - 19.00 (including weekends)
1st day: Individual arrival at Ebensee and hike to the Riederhütte
After your arrival at Ebensee, the Feuerkogel cable car lifts you up to 1600 meters above sea level. From here you hike along the high plateau up to the Alberfeldkogel with its Europe cross and a wonderful view over the Traunsee lake, the Langbathsee lake and the mountains of the Salzkammergut. Further on, your path leads you through the karst landscape of the Höllengebirge (hell mountainrange) to the Riederhütte.
~ 5 km, 2-3 Std, altitude difference á440 / â250 m
Overnight stay at Riederhütte.
2nd day:Via the Schneekogel to the Kranabethhütte
The highest point today is the starting point with 1765 meters above sea level, the lowest is at 1378 meters. The path winds through the lovely karst landscape, mostly with gentl ascents and descents. At the beginning you hike towards the Schneekogel before you take the Kaiserweg (emperors path) to the Kranabethhütte hut. The phenomenal view from the terrace is the perfect opportunity to finish the day.
~ 7,5 km, 3-4 Std, altitude difference á260 / â490 m
Overnight stay at Kranabethhütte.
3rd day: Descent with the Feuerkogel cable car and departure
As a finisher you take the Feuerkogel cable car down to the valley.
Rates per person and arrangement in €:
01.06. – 06.10.2021
Huts with communal bunks
Supplement half board
Local tax is extra to pay on spot in each accommodation (from € 1,-- to € 3,-- per person/per night)
Notes on staying at an Alpine lodge:
- You must bring your own sleeping bag and pillow case - a hut sleeping bag does not provide sufficient warmth. Blankets and pillowcases are NOT available in the cabins due to Covid19;
- Bring your own mouth/nose mask
- On most huts, card payment is not possible. Take enough cash with you for food and drinks.
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.
Due to environmental reasons we recommend to arrive and depart by public transportation (train/bus).