May – September
Feel the real and original life
Salzburger open air museum
Salzburg’s largest museum shows over 100 original buildings, which are rebuilt from farming, handcraft, selling and rural industry. Take your time and enjoy the time travel through six century’s, where you experience Salzburg’s rural past.
With the museum rail way you take a ride through the natural landscape of the 50 hectares large museum area.
Organic cheese factory Fürstenhof in Kuchl
Surrounded by unique natural scenery of mountains, green meadows and fresh mountain air is the Duke's palace. A place which was used in the past by Archbishop and princes from Salzburg as accommodation and stables. Nowadays the cows of the farm “Fürstenhof” graze on the lush meadows. They give the highest quality milk for our organic raw milk cheese.
From the cow to the cheese – the factory provides an insight into the cheese diary and organic farming.
Bienenhof (bee-farm) Attersee
In the popular guided tour "Alles Bienenhof" there is a varied lecture of the life of the honeybee and the work of the beekeeper at the beginning. Afterwards we invite you to a honey tasting - a culinary journey into the world of different honey varieties.
Enjoy thereby the soothing aroma of beeswax in our farm shop.
Depending on the weather, we stroll through the nature trail and take a look into the view-beehive. On the bee-islands, about 30 young beehives live on our biologically cultivated grounds.
The master of the mill will guide you personally in the interesting show mill. The mill is currently the only active mill in the whole country in Mondsee, high-quality on Grain will be grounded into
flour. You will see every single step which will be necessary until the fresh oven bread will be ready.
- 3 x Overnight stay incl. buffet breakfast in Salzkammergut/ Salzburger Land
- 1 x Welcome schnaps
- 2 x 3-course dinner at the hotel
- 1 x Buffet with farmer’s specialities from the region
- 1 x Entry to Salzburger open air museum incl. ride with museum rail way in Großgmain
- 1 x Entry and guided tour at the Organic cheese factory Fürstenhof in Kuchl
Incl. tasting (cheese-buffet) and drinks
- 1 x guided tour incl. honey tasting “Alles Bienenhof” at Bienenhof Attersee
- 1 x guided tour at Erlach mill Mondsee incl. wood stove-bread tasting with spread & cider
- 1 x visit of the bio-farm “Im Ramsen” from family Baier close to Lake Wolfgangsee
The family-run, farmed yard “Im Ramsen” is situated in a quiet area surrounded by a beautiful mountain panorama – only 4 km from Lake Wolfgangsee away.
Duration approx. 30 min. – at the end everyone gets a farmer-doghnut
Advice for your guide and bus driver daily from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. through our office in Bad Ischl
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.