November 22nd – December 20th, 2020
On the tracks of the world famous song „Silent Night! Holy Night! …“
The simply song „Silent Night! Holy Night!“ is known by everyone around the world and it is sung in over 300 languages annually.
The history from the development and propagation is special. A lot of legends have been invented, and some distortion stems from recent times.
But it is suffice to say the truth, which is really exciting. The song is common around the world and the effect from this song with his suggestive melody conveys consolation and hope. Today is the merit greater than by the incurrence from this song. Two young men, Joeph Mohr fables the text, and Franz Xaver Gruber, wrote the melody, worked together, that the song had his premiere on 24th of dezember 1818 after the chirstmas mass in the church St. Nikola in Oberndorf. Except Oberndorf are also Arnsdorf, Salzburg, Hallein, Wagrain and Mariapfarr responsible for the formation of the song.
DATE: 22.11.2020 – 20.12.2020 - each Wed-Fri or Fri-Sun - 2 nights / 3 days
(Exact date on request and availability)
- 2 x Overnight incl. buffet breakfast in Salzburg area / Salzkammergut
- 1 x Hot punsch for welcome drink
- 2 x 3-course dinner in the hotel
- 1 x Visit of the „Silent night chapel“ in Oberndorf
- 1 x full day travel guide / attendance through the silent night land
- 1 x Visit of the Christmas market in front of the cathedral in Salzburg
- 1 x Guided tour with torch in the evening, close to hotel
- 1 x advent present
Advice for your guide and bus driver daily from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. through our office in Bad Ischl
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.