19th – 23rd June, 2019
The Corpus Christi feast at the lake
The word “Corpus Christi” comes from the Latin and means “the Body of Christ”. Since the 2nd fire in 1632, Corpus Christi has been celebrated on the lake in Traunkirchen.
One reason for this form of the procession was the spatial problems, particularly the religious aspect, but it was to raise awareness of the participants, the Eucharist secret to a mental impressive and pedagogically efficient way.
- 4 x Overnight incl. buffet breakfast in Salzkammergut
- 1 x Welcome drink
- 4 x Half board
- 3 x 3-course evening meal with choice of menu in the hotel
- 1 x Salzkammergut speciality evening with delicacy of the region incl. Live Folk music entertainment
- 1 x Visit of the Corpus Christi Procession on Lake Traunsee – Thursday 20th of June 2019 (7am - 11am - time conditionally!)
- 1 x Entry to the world heritage museum in Hallstatt (without guided tour) - Time travel from the beginnings to the present age – 7000 years Hallstatt
- 1 x Trip with the emperor pick-up train in Bad Ischl – duration approx. 25 min.
- 1 x Wine tasting in a pub in Bad Ischl with 2 wines (1x white + 1x red) incl. snacks
Advice for your guide and bus driver daily from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. through our office in Bad Ischl
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.