1st - 4th October, 2020 or 2nd - 5th October, 2020
The cattle drive is the thanksgiving of the farmers and shepherds for the good performance of the summer on the alpine pasture.
All animals are festively decorated when they are driven from the pastures to the village to the stables.
In some places around the lake, this tradition is still committed very beautifully. Many viewers accompany the procession and meet for a joint celebration in the valley.
On Saturday, the traditional cattle drive takes place at the farm “Im Ramsen” in Radau.
Approx. 25-30 animals are festively decorated when they are driven from the pastures to the village to the stables.
There will be also a kirmess with rural crafts and peasant delicacies, Alpine snacks, traditional Alpine games, music with dance floor for the Folklore Group St. Wolfgang, etc. will be offered.
- 3 x Overnight incl. buffet breakfast in the Salzkammergut
- 1 x Welcome drink
- 3 x Half board:
2 x 3-course dinner in the hotel
1 x Specialty evening with regional specialties and live folk music entertainment
- 1 x Arrival of the procession of the decorated herd and the Alpine-blower, small pass of local and folk music on Saturday*
- 1 x Cruise on Lake Wolfgangsee from St. Wolfgang – St. Gilgen (or vice versa)
- 1 x Participation at the Harvest Festival in St. Wolfgang - Sunday from 9 am * with local music, gold domes, alpine brunch in the parish fair and festival traditions barn
* time and program conditionally!!!
Advice for your guide and bus driver daily from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. through our office in Bad Ischl
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.