3rd - 6th October, 2019 OR 4th - 7th October, 2019
The cattle drive is the thanksgiving of the farmers, shepherds and shepherd for the good performance of the summer on the alpine pasture.
All animals are festively decorated when they are driven from the pastures to the village to the stables.
In some places around the lake, this tradition is still committed very beautifully. Many viewers accompany the procession and meet for a joint celebration in the valley.
On Saturday, the traditional cattle drive takes place at the farm “Im Ramsen” in Radau.
Approx. 25-30 animals are festively decorated when they are driven from the pastures to the village to the stables.
There will be also a kirmess with rural crafts and peasant delicacies, Alpine snacks traditional Alpine games, music with dance floor for the Folklore Group St. Wolfgang, special Augustinian festival beer, etc. will be offered.
- 3 x Overnight incl. buffet breakfast in the Salzkammergut
- 1 x Welcome schnaps
- 3 x Half board:
- 1 x 3-course dinner in the hotel
- 1 x Specialty evening with regional specialties and live folk music entertainment
- 1 x Hearty snack with fruit schnaps at the event area
- 1 x Arrival of the procession of the decorated herd and the Alpine-blower, small pass of local and folk music on Saturday*
- 1 x Cruise on Lake Wolfgangsee from St. Wolfgang – St. Gilgen
- 1 x Participation at the Harvest Festival in St. Wolfgang - Sunday from 9 am *
with local music, gold domes, alpine brunch in the parish fair and festival traditions barn
* time an program conditionally!!!
Advice for your guide and bus driver daily from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. through our office in Bad Ischl
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.