May – October
The history of the poppy is reaching back to the Stone Age and the “Waldviertler grey poppy” was trade at the London bourse.
The Waldviertel offers an ideal climate that the poppy can grow perfectly.
Every year in the Waldviertel grows between 200 hectare and 700 hectare of poppy.
The “grey Gold” is a good base for many culinary dishes and the landscape is during the bloom really beautiful!
- 3 x Overnight incl. buffet breakfast in Waldviertel –Lower Austria
- 1 x Poppy schnaps as welcome drink
- 3 x 3-course dinner in the hotel
- 1 x Entrance and guided tour in the poppy museum at Waldviertler Mohnhof (duration approx. 1h)
- incl. short movie to the themes poppy and poppy oil
- Tasting from poppy oil, poppy chocolate, ….
- 1 x Visit and guided tour at Waldlandhof incl. herbal hall, Waldviertler flax house, grains hall, Mary office hall, spezial studio – plants oil technology,…
- 1 x Entrance and guided tour in the cisterns monastery Zwettl
Advice for your guide and bus driver daily from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. through our office in Bad Ischl
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.